Business Continuity and Resiliency Management Certificate
WHY CONSIDER WEBINAR TRAINING? Get Enrolled In Business Continuity Training
If you need Business Continuity Training,but your busy schedule won’t accommodate the travel time necessary to attend an off -site seminar, then we have the solution. This Webinar offers you the advantage of intensive training without incurring additional travel costs and staff downtime. It is a cost-effective and convenient training option.
The BCRM Webinar is especially useful for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planners, Business Unit Managers, Project Managers, Senior Management, and staff from Information Technology, Security, Emergency Response & Crisis Management, Communications, and Human Resource Departments.
Presented live, online and instructor-led, the Webinar is a comprehensive, all-in-one, 2-day Business Continuity Planning and Management training that will equip you with practical methods to develop, test, and maintain a Business Continuity Plan and to establish a Business Continuity Program.
"I truly walked away from your course with a lot more knowledge about Business Continuity than I could have gained by just reading books. I have some experience in disaster recovery but never thought there was so much more to learn. I am back at work utilizing everything you have taught and now I feel much more confident to do a Continuity pitch to my senior management. Thanks for a great experience.”
- Marlyne W. GE
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training is ideal if you:
- Are new to the concept of business continuity
- Need to develop a BC Plan.
- Have been assigned to lead or be a part of a Business Continuity Program team
- Are responsible for preparing a Disaster Recovery Plan for your IT systems, network infrastructure and data centers.
- Plan to offer professional consulting services for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
- Need to ensure your BC Plan meets the requirements for internal or external audits.
- Need to expand your current area of expertise to Business Continuity.
- Are preparing for a Business Continuity and Resilience Certification examination.
Need to validate or improve an existing Business Continuity Plan.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
You will be equipped to:
- Understand essential knowledge and practical tools
- Create effective, comprehensive, and reliable Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans for your organization.
- Incorporate current BCP industry' standards, guidelines, and best practices.
- Develop Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery Plans which comply with the industry`s best practices and standards such as:
ISO 22301:2012 Business Continuity Management Systems - Requirements
NFPA 1600: Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs
ITIL v3: Information Technology Infrastructure Library
Upon completion of this webinar workshop, you will be able to:
- Establish BC Program lifecycle processes within your organization.
- Assess business and technology requirements for a BC Plan.
- Evaluate Business Continuity risks in your organization.
- Identify and select cost-effective BC recovery strategies.
- Organize an effective BC team.
- Design an architecture for BCP documents suited to your organization.
- Develop a BC Plan document.
- Coordinate a BC Plan with external entities.
- Develop an effective test plan for testing the BC Plan.
- Organize and conduct successful BC Plan tests.
- Establish a process for maintaining the BC Plan.
- Implement a BC Plan change management process.
- Avoid typical mistakes that lead to BC Program failures.
- Understand the main differences between a Disaster Recovery Plan, Emergency Response Plan, Crisis Management Plan, and Business Continuity Plan.
The Webinar is based on industry' best practices and guidelines for the six stages of the BCP process:
- Risk Management
- Business Impact Analysis
- Business Continuity Strategy Development
- Business Continuity Plan Development
- Business Continuity Plan Testing
- Business Continuity Plan Maintenance
Access to a computer with Internet connectivity.
Recommended: Webcam, speaker, and microphone.
Understanding Business Continuity Planning (BCP) concepts.
- Purpose and scope of BCP.
- Importance of Business Continuity Plan (BC Plan).
- Types, sources, and business impacts of disasters and disruptive events.
- Historical evolution of BCP.
- Legal and regulatory requirements.
- Business Continuity best practices, standards, and guidelines.
- Elements of Business Continuity management and Business Continuity planning processes.
- Six stages of the BCP life cycle and the deliverables.
BCP Process Stage 1 - Risk Management
Assess the threats of disaster, existing vulnerabilities, potential disaster impacts, and risk controls options.
- Introduction to risks, threats, exposures, impacts, and risk assessment methods.
- Risk Management Methods: risk assessment, risk control options assessment, risk controls cost-benefit comparisons.
BCP Process Stage 2 - Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
Identify mission critical business processes and their recovery requirements. Analyze the impact on business if these processes are interrupted.
- Comparison of BIA and risk assessment.
- BIA responsibilities.
- Elements of a BIA: Maximum Tolerable Downtime (MTD), Recovery Time Objective (RTO), Recovery Point Objective (RPO), Work Backlog, and Data Loss.
- Method for conducting a BIA.
- BIA deliverables.
- Example BIA report.
BCP Process Stage 3 - Business Continuity Strategy Development
Develop a Business Continuity strategy for timely and cost-effective recovery from potential business disruptions.
- Introduction to Business Continuity Strategies.
- Identification of recovery scope and requirements.
- Identification of available recovery alternatives and options.
- Cost-benefit assessment of available recovery options.
- Recommendations for recovery service contracts.
BCP Process Stage 4 - Business Continuity Plan Development
Develop a document describing the plan for maintaining Business Continuity (BC).
- Objective and scope of a BC Plan document.
- Role of BIA and BC strategy in a BC Plan.
- Roles and responsibilities of BC Plan implementation teams.
- BC Plan implementation phases: initial response and notification, problem assessment, disaster declaration, recovery and resumption, and restoration.
- Tasks and procedures for each BC Plan`s implementation phase.
- Crisis Communication Plan.
- Emergency Response Plan.
- Change control procedures for a BC Plan.
BCP Process Stage 5 - Business Continuity Plan Testing
Validate the Business Continuity Plan.
- Benefits of testing.
- Types of testing methods.
- Importance of a test plan.
- Test plan content.
- Method for developing a test plan.
BCP Process Stage 6 - Business Continuity Plan Maintenance
Maintain the Business Continuity Plan in a constantly ready state for implementation.
- Importance of BC Plan maintenance.
- Components of BC Plan maintenance: change management, periodic testing, regular training, and periodic auditing.
- Deliverables from each component of BC Plan maintenance.
- Recommendations for effective BC Plan change management.
Business Continuity Management
- Detailed overview of Business Continuity Management.
- Relationship between Business Continuity Program phases and plan development.
- Business Continuity and Resilience Program office.
- Business Continuity Program audit methodology.
Business Resilience, Continuity, and Disaster Recovery
- Evolution of Business Continuity to Business Resilience.
- Limitations of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning.
- Business Resilience concepts and models.
- Business Resilience Management.
- Business Resilience strategies.
- Enterprise Risk Management.
- Overview of BC Program audit methodology.
- BC standards document review.
- BC program maturity levels.
The fee for this 2-day comprehensive and practical webinar is US$995.
Upcoming 2-day BCRM Webinar Schedule:
- June 10-11, 2019
- July 15-16, 2019
- August 8-9, 2019
- September 16-17, 2019
- October 7-8, 2019
- November 14-15, 2019
- December 9-10, 2019
WEBINAR TIME ZONE:
(Eastern Standard Time) Day 1 & 2: 10 am - 5 pm (May end earlier than 5 pm)
Join our global network of trained and certified professionals!
We have trained and certified over 3000 professionals (CP)- from across all major industry segments and more than 15 countries.
Computer Services - 298 CP
Intel Corporation (USA), IBM (USA), Emirates Computers (Abu Dhabi), Fidelity National Information Services (India), Databasement BV (Holland), Dell Inc(USA), Sungard (Canada), HP (Venezuela), etc.
Education - 132 CP
North Carolina State University (USA), The George Washington University (USA), Coventry University (United Kingdom), Federal University of Sao Paolo (Brazil), Princeton University (USA), Northern Virginia Community College (USA), etc.
Energy - 94 CP
National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad), Pakistan Petroleum Ltd. (Pakistan), Husky Energy (Canada), Saudi Aramco (Saudi Arabia), N.V.G.E.B.E. (Netherlands Antilles), NV Energy (USA), San Diego Gas Electric (USA), etc.
Finance - 173 CP
World Bank Group (USA), Bank of Uganda (Uganda), Citibank (USA), Transamerica (USA), Bank of Ghana (Ghana), Bank of Montreal (Canada), Royal Bank of Canada (Canada), etc.
Insurance - 284 CP
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida (USA), Tokyo Millennium Re Ltd. (Bermuda), New York Life Insurance Company (USA), Sunlife Financial (USA), Summacare Health Insurance Plan (USA), Progressive Insurance (USA), etc.
Transportation - 189 CP
Dubai Airports (Dubai), Delta Airlines (USA), Philippine Airlines (Philippines), United Airlines (USA), Skyservice Airlines Inc. (Canada), Veolia Transportation (USA), Toronto Transit Commission (Canada), etc.
Health Care - 80 CP
American Cancer Society (USA), Zuellig Pharma Corporation (Philippines), Trillium Health Centre (Canada), Novartis Pharma AG (Switzerland), Barr Pharmaceuticals (USA), St. Jude Medical Inc. (USA), Genzyme Europe B.V. (The Netherlands), etc.
Management Consulting - 193 CP
Hewitt Associates (India), Elliot Consulting Service (USA), Neville Consultancy (Suriname), Tung Hing Pacific Management Consulting Ltd. (Hong Kong), Robert K. Martineau Associates (Canada), RGK Consulting (Canada), Accenture (USA), etc.
Manufacturing - 117 CP
Honda of America Mfg., BAT or British American Tobacco (United Kingdom), First Country (USA), Philip Morris International (Switzerland), SABIC (Saudi Arabia), WEB Aruba N.V. (Aruba), Methanex Trinidad Ltd. (Trinidad), Chicago Bridge and Iron Company (USA), etc.
Communications - 348 CP
Dish Network (USA), T-Mobile (USA), Fibertel (Argentina), Telesur (Suriname), Bermuda Telephone Company (Bermuda), Siemens Communications (USA), Bahrain Telecom Company (Kingdom of Bahrain), etc.
Government - 202 CP
Internal Revenue Service (USA), Correctional Service Canada (Canada), National Housing Trust (Jamaica), Uganda Revenue Authority (Uganda), Federal Election Commission (USA), Regional Municipality of Peel, Department of Foreign Affairs (Canada), etc.
Retail - 112 CP
EBay (USA), Wal-Mart Stores, Inc (USA), Best Buy (USA), Canadian Tire Corporation (Canada), The Home Depot (USA), Avon Products Inc. (USA), Whole Foods Market (Canada), etc.
Aviation & Aerospace - 60 CP
NASA, Delta Airlines (USA), Dubai Airports (Dubai), Philippine Airlines (Philippines), United Airlines (USA), Sky service Airlines Inc. (Canada),
Others - 347 CP
US Postal Service (USA), Xceed Contact Center (Egypt), Barona Resorts and Casino (USA), Universal Weather and Aviation (USA), Cooper Norman (USA), Purolator (Canada), Canadian Space Agency (Canada), etc.