CBRA Certified Business Resilience Auditor Seminar
This 2-day training seminar consists of Business Continuity Audit Training with an Optional CBRA Certification Exam offered on the last day of the seminar.
Learn how to review and audit your company’s readiness to deal with business disruptions ranging from minor outages to major disasters.
This 2-day Business Continuity Audit seminar will equip you to assess your company’s ability to maintain continuity in the event of a business disruption. It provides 2 days of intensive, Business Continuity Audit training to enable you to determine the effectiveness, adequacy, quality and reliability of your organization’s Business Continuity Program. You will learn an audit methodology to evaluate compliance of Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery Programs with current industry' best practices and standards including:
- ISO 22301:2012 Business Continuity Management Systems - Requirements
- NFPA 1600: Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs
- ITIL v3: Information Technology Infrastructure Library
CBRA TRAINING + OPTIONAL CERTIFICATION EXAM
The 2-day CBRA training includes an optional certification testing on the last day.
"Being a seasoned Business Resiliency Professional responsible for locations throughout the United States and Canada, I highly recommend the training received over the past 2 years to experienced and novice Business Continuity Program. Both the CBRA (taken in 2013) and the CBRM (taken in 2012) training received were: very well structured, well delivered by experience/knowledge Business Continuity Professionals and very interactive - allowing learning opportunities from international participants."
- Thomas H. CBRM, CBRA
About CBRA Seminar
The CBRA Seminar offers you:
- A comprehensive overview of the Business Continuity Audit including the Business Continuity Planning and Management processes.
- A step-by-step audit methodology based on industry` standards, guidelines, and best practices.
- A sample case study of a Business Continuity Audit.
- Business Continuity Audit take-home templates.
- Purpose and scope of a BCP.
- Introduction to a Business Continuity Program.
- Business Continuity Program life cycle process.
- Business Continuity Program management overview.
- Need for a Business Continuity Audit.
- Compliance rules, regulations, and standards.
- Objectives of a Business Continuity Audit.
- Scope of a Business Continuity Audit.
- Types of Business Continuity Audits.
- Comparison of internal and external audits.
- Critical success factors.
- Audit issues and challenges.
- Audit methodology phases.
- Establishing an internal Business Continuity Audit.
- Comparison of active and passive audits.
- Business Continuity Auditor’s role and responsibilities.
- Business Continuity Audit related guidelines and standards (including Sarbanes-Oxley).
- Business Continuity Audit Budget.
- Business Continuity Audit Gap Analysis.
- Assessing Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery maturity levels.
- Customizing audit examination approach.
- Business Continuity Audit areas.
- Detailed audit activities for each area.
- Audit questionnaires and interviews.
- Business Continuity Audit tools and templates.
- Response analysis.
- Audit reporting guidelines.
- Sample Business Continuity Audit case study.
- Sample Business Continuity Audit case study exercises and questionnaires.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY AUDIT METHODOLOGY PHASES
This course will take you through a complete BC audit methodology consisting of the following phases:
Phase 1 - Audit Initiation
- Learn how to initiate a Business Continuity Audit, raise awareness, and gain commitment.
Phase 2 - Compliance Requirements
- Learn how to determine Business Continuity Audit objectives, scope, rules, regulations, and standards compliance requirements for an organization.
Phase 3 - Compliance Maturity Evaluation
- Learn how to determine current corporate compliance.
Phase 4 - Audit Customization
- Learn how to align a Business Continuity Audit to specific company requirements.
Phase 5 - Audit Planning Process
- Learn how to develop a Business Continuity Audit strategy and a project plan.
Phase 6 - Business Continuity Audit Plan Implementation
- Learn how to implement a project plan and collect data.
Phase 7 - Audit Data Synthesis and Analysis
- Learn how to synthesis, analyze, and consolidate Business Continuity Audit data.
Phase 8 - Compliance Gap Analysis
- Determine the level of corporate compliance against industry` audit standards, rules and regulations.
Phase 9 - Business Continuity Audit Review
- Learn how to review and revise findings.
Phase 10 - Business Continuity Audit Reporting
- Learn how to develop and present the Business Continuity Audit report.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS BUSINESS CONTINUITY AUDIT COURSE?
The Business Continuity Audit course is intended for anyone with or without prior audit knowledge or experience. Day 1 includes an overview of the BC program. The following personnel are strongly recommended to attend a Business Continuity Audit:
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity Auditor / Compliance Auditor
- Information Security Auditor
- Financial Auditor
- Internal / external Business Continuity Auditor
- Risk Management professionals
- Business Continuity Professional / Consultant
- Senior Executive and Management
- Emergency / Disaster Recovery professionals
The seminar is also designed for anyone who wants to learn Business Continuity Audit concepts, principles, and a step-by-step audit methodology. The course includes a sample case study of a Business Continuity Audit. Students learn about the known difficulties and challenges expected during a Business Continuity Audit.
WHAT WILL THE SEMINAR EQUIP ME TO DO?
You will be equipped to:
- Conduct a Business Continuity Audit based on a well-founded audit framework.
- Review the organization’s Business Continuity Audit processes.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of a Business Continuity Audit.
- Formulate recommendations to strengthen a Business Continuity Audit.
- Avoid common auditing mistakes.
- Follow a structured approach to a Business Continuity Audit.
- Present and explain a Business Continuity Audit analysis to senior management.
WHY TAKE THIS BUSINESS CONTINUITY AUDIT COURSE?
- Become a professional Business Continuity Auditor.
- Determine the level of corporate compliance against industry` audit standards, rules, and regulations.
- Reduce risks, vulnerabilities, and operational losses in the event of a business disruption.
- Reduce insurance premiums through compliance.
- Improve client, partner, and supplier retention and relationships.
- Increase control over internal/external Business Continuity processes.
- Insure Business Continuity Program and Plan are reliable, effective, and on track.
The seminar fee is US$1,695 USD and includes the optional Certification exam and processing fee.
08.30 Opening presentation including
(Instructor' and attendee' introductions, handout of presentation binder and materials)
08.45 Presentation begins
(incl. three 10 minute breaks)
12.00 Lunch break
13.00 Afternoon presentation begins
15.00 Afternoon presentation resume
16.30 Seminar ends for Day 1
08.30 Morning presentation
(incl.three 10 minute breaks)
11.30 Final handouts of take home plan templates and materials
12:00 Lunch break
14.30 End of Seminar
"I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you and, in particular, Dr. Syed, for the impressive curriculums that were presented last week. I had the privilege of sitting Dr. Syed's seminar for the CBRM as well as the CBRA. In short, they were both well-structured to present complex processes and concepts in a cohesive, concise and logical order. Moreover, the two curriculums will serve as the primary drivers for how I structure my internal Business Continuity/Resiliency models as well as my auditing techniques. The "takeaways" from both classes are superb in terms of ease of use and clarity of logic. Of note, the seminar setting offered an intellectual intimacy that fostered solid discussion and direct dialog on the complex topics presented. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would most certainly recommend and encourage attendance to both seminars. Well Done!"
- John K. // DKI Services
"Great instructor and great material. This course help make the connection between business continuity planning and audit. Anyone who audits Business Continuity should take this course."
- Kyle G. // Senior Auditor
"Going into this course I believed to be going through the motions. But I was quickly surprised the diverse group of people attending from around the country and Europe and Central America. The step process we followed during the duration of the course was familiar to the steps I followed when I worked with users from several different areas around my company. But the level of detail we discussed and the importance we gave to the risk assessment and business impact made me re-think what I did and what I need to do for my company's plan. I plan to become a part of the user group get help me come up with new and different ideas to make our plans better. I also plan to become part of a dialog group to keep in sync with new ideas & concepts. I recommend this program to all persons involved in Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity and Crisis Management, the course will add volumes to the knowledge you have already acquired."
- Peter B. // Disaster Recovery / BCP Coordinator, CYTEC Industries Inc.
UPCOMING CBRA SEMIINAR VENUE LOCATIONS AND DATES
May 17-18, 2018 Toronto, Canada
June 07-08, 2018 Las Vegas, NV
July 12-13, 2018 Las Vegas, NV
July 19-20, 2018 Toronto, Canada
August 09-10, 2018 Las Vegas, NV
September 13-14, 2018 Las Vegas, NV
September 20-21, 2018 Toronto, Canada
October 04-05, 2018 Las Vegas, NV
November 08-09, 2018 Las Vegas, NV
November 22-23, 2018 Toronto, Canada
December 06-07, 2018 Las Vegas, NV
Once the registration and payment process is completed, you will receive two emails from us. The first email will be a receipt of the payment. The second email will provide a confirmation of your registration and a detailed venue information. At the start of the training, you will receive the training presentation binder together with the other training materials. The optional exam will take place on the last day of the training and consists of multiple choice questions. You will be notified of the results of the exam within two weeks. Certificates will be shipped out within four weeks to candidates who successfully pass the exam. Within a week after the training, you will receive a soft copy of the letter of completion and CPEs earned.